Thursday, June 24, 2021

The Truth About Communion

     I've recently decided to become a more active blogger. For a while now I've been told that nobody cares about me opinion, and that could be. But here lately I have had something to say and I'm gonna get it said. If you the Reader want to know what it is-here we go!
      Since my Vlogging days many things have changed-others have not. One thing that has changed is that we have a new President in this country whether we needed him or not. He's only the 2nd Catholic President and the 1st such in 60 years. Comparisons to JFK are inevitable, but the biggest difference I've noticed is that Biden was denied the Holy Eucharist-what Methodists like me call Communion.
     Methodists practice an "Open Communion" because we think of the communion table as belonging to Jesus-not to the Church or clergy. This practice appears not to be the same in the Catholic Church-hence the denial of Biden. I personally feel that Jesus calls out to his flock to all who wish to know him more. I've also seen many people leave the church worship service before Communion because they feel unworthy or not ready. But it is the unworthy that need to know Jesus more. If only the worthy took Communion the worship service would be a lot shorter.
     Jesus calls sinners to repentance-both the great and the small. If either President Biden or I come to the church or our choice looking for Jesus-it is the clergy's responsibility that we find him. We as humans are sinners in need of a savior-it's in our nature. If we choose Jesus, as I believe we all should, it is the clergy that should take us to him. They should not deny us-heaven forbid it! But as I said earlier-Catholics do things differently.
     To clarify, Biden was denied Communion because, it is said, of his views on abortion. Now there are those who claim that because abortion is not mentioned in the Bible that the point is moot. But is it? By no means! Abortion, as the bumper sticker tells us, kills a beating heart-that makes it murder, which is mentioned in the Bible several times. 
     Is Biden a sinner? That question is above my pay grade to answer, but I know that he won't be denied Communion at the Methodist Church and that would make the point moot in that case. I'll be keeping both President Biden and the Catholic Church prayers until this issue is resolved. I hope you will as well! God be with you and do the best you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment