Wednesday, April 2, 2014

"God's not Dead" Review

     I've seen several Christian movies in my time. Most of them, to be honest had the same plot. "God's Not Dead", which I watched last night was somewhat different. I heard a lot about it, but didn't know what to expect, I got more than I bargained for!
     As I watched the credits, I noticed that Kevin Sorbo and Dean Cain were listed. Any Christian movie with Hercules and Superman has got to be good!  As it happens there were others in this movie that were less interesting, and I dozed off a few times!
     There are several seemingly unconnected story lines in this film, the main story being that of a college freshman who refuses to admit that "God is dead" and is challenged by his professor (played by Sorbo) to prove to the class that He is not. Also featured are the professors girlfriend, who is a Christian as well. She and her brother (played by Cain) deal with their mother, who has dementia. The brothers girlfriend is a blogger who questions Christianity and soon discovers she has cancer. Rounding out the cast are a man from Communist China who observes the "God is dead" debate, a new Christain who must deal with her Muslim family, as well as a minister who has Christian rock group who sing the movie's musical theme.
I recommend this movie with a rating of 4 popcorn boxes! If you would like to submit a review write our Publisher at publisher@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment